Old 20-02-2007, 01:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Walmart "Bonzai"- OT

"Cearbhaill" wrote in news:aytCh.8860$e8.2854
@bignews1.bellsouth.net:

Didn't realize you were an IW lover.
I'll use a different signature this time...

--
Toni Carroll
South Florida USA

I loved them dearly but the lifespan just did me in -- especially when
the pair of sisters died just months apart. And out of three IWs, the
three causes of death were just horrible: e coli in the lungs, bone
cancer and torsion. In thirty years of owning sighthounds I had never
had ANY of those before. I'm trying out a Scottish Deerhound now to see
if the lifespan will be better. (But I love all sighthounds, actually.)

I used to walk my IW around the falls in Niagara Falls and the tourists
would LOVE to take photos of him standing up with his paws on my
shoulders. He must have photos in hundreds of countries today.

Your IWs are lovely. I miss having one around. If they could just fix
that lifespan/bone cancer problems, I'd own a dozen of them. I can't for
the life of me imagine someone giving up a pair of them because they
changed their mind about owning them. I don't think God made a better
dog in the whole world. I still remember how my male would prowl the
house each night checking on each of his humans... God forbid someone
shut their bedroom door. He'd bang on it until they answered and he
could see they were all right. There are some things that you just can't
train dogs to do... God, I miss him so much.