Old 20-02-2007, 01:50 PM posted to rec.gardens
scfundogs scfundogs is offline

Default Walmart "Bonzai"

On 2007-02-20 07:52:10 -0500, FragileWarrior
said:

What causes the loss of leaves? I wonder if the other ones that were being
sold for $5 ea. due to their leaves being shriveled and dry are actually
going to recover?

This plant had brown spots on the leaves (not scale, the brown parts were
sort of indented into the leaves) which made me think they got cold
exposure during our recent cold snap but it's just a guess on my part.

Ficus are stupendously picky about their location. I love them but
don't own them anymore because the littlest thing can cause them to
drop leaves. Sometimes they recover, sometimes not. They don't like
to be moved, IME, and they like a certain amount of sunlight.

--
Tara