Old 20-02-2007, 09:00 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default What would be the lowest water temperature survivable by eitherKoi or Goldfish?

~ jan wrote:
On Mon, 19 Feb 2007 16:25:39 +0000, Gill Passman
wrote:

I'm actually leaning towards the planned pond being occupied by
Shubunkins/Comets - the reasoning behind this being, that for now, I'm
not convinced that I would be able to build a large enough pond to house
koi.

Well there are a lot of pretty shubunkins and goldfish to choose from now
days. Plus I have less stress over my goldfish than I do with my koi.

Agreed, especially with the shubunkins - the colour variations at my LFS
are quite spectacular.....

A heater at the ready will relieve all stress. ;-) ~ jan

I've bookmarked a supplier for that 100W heater that you mentioned :-)

Gill