Old 20-02-2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
FragileWarrior FragileWarrior is offline

Default Walmart "Bonzai"

Jangchub wrote in
:

On Tue, 20 Feb 2007 12:53:23 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior
wrote:

"David E. Ross" wrote in
news
http://www.rossde.com/garden/index.html#misnom.

Okay, that must be where I came up with the alternate spelling. I
confess to being rather on the tired side when I posted. It's my only
defense.

Don't worry about this, we all get this way at times. BTW, the word
bonsai means tree in pot. Sticklers will say what you have is not
bonsai, but I disagree. If you look at the girth of the trunk,
clearly this is not a young plant. It's not one of the sexier
bonsai's I've seen, but it is considered bonsai.

Gee, if this isn't a young plant, how do they sell them so cheaply? When
you figure the length of care that the plant had to have had, the pot,
the soil, the transportation, the cost to the retailer -- how would
anyone make any money unless this plant was very young??

I never thought of a bonsai as sexy before but I see your point.
Actually the trunk on this one is better than it looks in the photo. I
was just balancing the plant and my camera and didn't catch the right
angle on it.

I only wish it didn't have the rocks epoxied to the surface of the soil!