Old 20-02-2007, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default *Very* clingy rosemary

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message

I did find it strange that when I wrote to the RHS both this year and last
year to see if they had a list of Gardening clubs and societies (even
limited to only those affiliated to the RHS) they claimed that because of
privacy laws they couldn't divulge the whereabouts of any of them!! They
could only give me the secretary of the local club to my area which is
just plain daft. I travel to Reading for the HPS and also to Hertford, so
areas can be quite far apart but still be wroth attending if a special
speaker or subject is available.

Why on earth wouldn't the societies want people to know who or where they
were? Surely there must be a definitive list.
When/if we ever move this will colour my decision and thoughts about
several areas (well that and a good dentist, vets and place to walk the
dogs!)

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Data Protection Act being applied to ALL on their books when it was not
really necessary. 'Someone' within the organisation not knowing the full
rules and application and steering too safely to the 'No I can't do that
because of the Data Protection Act'

Having said that, they 'might' be right depending on who the people are on
their lists and 'how' their names and addresses are applied.

I have thousands and thousands of names and addresses on my files. 'Some' I
can band about quite freely, others not.

Hope that helps.

Should you wish clarification on the DPA, fire me a question or two to
mikedotcroweoneatbtinternetdotcom, preferably with a telephone number and I
will discuss your question/query with pleasure.

Mike

--
www.rnshipmates.co.uk