Old 20-02-2007, 07:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default More rosemary

On 20/2/07 17:08, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On 20 Feb 2007 07:26:57 -0800, "La Puce" wrote:

On 20 Feb, 14:56, Sacha wrote:
I despair of you. I have told you categorically that I have not seen the
rosemary at Burncoose, so am in no position to identify it as anyything.
Burncoose have NOT identified this one at Salcombe as Backman's Prostrate.

Bruncoose told you that in their carpark they have Jackman's, as I had
also told you. The one on the picture you've posted is Blue Rain. And
that's my final word on this.

Are you confusing it with Backman's Prostate? Google does.

I don't know who Backman is and I hope his prostate is just fine. However,
Burncoose confirm that the rosemary in their car park is Jackman's Prostrate
(I think I made a typo earlier and typed Backman, didn't I?) However, what
neither they nor Filippi will commit themselves to is the variety of
rosemary at the house in Salcombe, or not from a photograph. And without
having seen the one at Burncoose or Barcelona at Filippi, obviously neither
can I. It is impossible for it to be 'Blue Rain', as that grows to around
2' which clearly does not fit the growth habit of the rosemary I'm trying to
ID at Salcombe.
The only reason for all this is that I will NOT submit to being forced into
accepting an ID from someone who has seen neither plant but is now insisting
this is one that its growth quite clearly shows it cannot be. Of course, I
also object to being sworn at and insulted, though as its normal for Puce to
do that, I don't know why I bother, really.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk