Old 21-02-2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default pump gone - need fish info please - long sorry

"elaine" wrote in message
ups.com...
brevity snip I doubt DH
will go for the auger idea so I REALLY hope we can wait and see. I
know we will lose some if not all the fry if it is left but as the
adults seem to spawn nonstop all summer I can live with that. Thanks
for any input you gurus of pond land can give : )

Elaine

Just try to keep some kind of opening in the ice for gas exchange. Even a
cheap airpump with an airstone on the end should work . I'm in zone 6 so
drop the stone about 12" below the surface. Keep the pump dry. Mine sits on
a piece of 2X4 and is covered with a small dishpan. A rock holds the dishpan
in place.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.