Old 21-02-2007, 04:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Alla Bezroutchko[_2_] Alla Bezroutchko[_2_] is offline

Default Thornless climbing rose to grow in container

Sacha wrote:
On 20/2/07 14:33, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Alla Bezroutchko" wrote in message
Could someone recommend a rose for the following situation:

My choices would be Madam Alfred Carrier which is white
or Veichenblau which is rather optimistically called violet blue!
There are a number of very good pinks with a few thorns but none that I can
recall that are completely thornless
HTH

Zephirine Drouhin is good with regard to thorns and I see that the
Australians have a range from Wallara (sp?) which they call Smooth Touch. I
don't know that they're available in this country, though.

Charlie, Sacha,

Thanks. I'll have a look at Madame Alfred Carrier and Zephirine Drouhin.
I'll have to see the thorns myself. Pity about the blackspot.

Alla.