Old 21-02-2007, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default What a grey day...

On Feb 21, 4:51 pm, Martin wrote:
On 21 Feb 2007 07:47:03 -0800, "

wrote:
On Feb 21, 3:13 pm, Martin wrote:
In Zuid Holland it has rained all day, the garden is water logged again.
The sun is struggling to come out.

It's 21C (Lidl scale) inside and 12 C (Lidl scale) outside.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

We are only 40 minutes from Amsterdam, by air, so the distance is not
so great.

Last night it poured and poured, the river has,

The same here. It's cleared up and the sun is shining now.

yet again, broke it's
banks and flooded the road and the surrounding fields. When this
happens, instead of it taking me 6 minutes to get to my office, I have
to go twice the distance as I have to go to a village that is not en
route and then double back by a main road.

I passed Lidl today on my way to the churchyard and I saw 2 big
posters in their windows but I was going too fast to read them except,
it said special offers and I am sure it said "garden" so I shall look
online to see if it's anything worthwhile.

Garden week starts on 26-2-07 in Germanyhttp://www.lidl.de/de/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070226.index.ar5

Is Lidl in Holland the
same as Lidl here?

Yes Lidl and Aldi are German. They are all over Europe, even in France.

In that, do they have the same offers, just in a
different language.

They have the same or similar offers, but not at the same time.
Often you are offered better stuff in UK than us, although we get offered their
Strong Beer more often. In Lidl Netherlands it is satellite receivers this week.http://www.lidl.nl/nl/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20070222.index

In Aldi it is Italian week.

Lidl's ABM flour is good and so was their Bordeaux wine last year.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

Thank you Martin, I have told my husband about the flour as he is
experimenting at the moment to get a balance between white and brown.

JudithL at home