Old 21-02-2007, 05:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] judith.lea99@googlemail.com is offline

Default Thornless climbing rose to grow in container

On Feb 21, 5:37 pm, Sacha wrote:
On 21/2/07 17:15, in article
Can you grow roses in your French garden, or is it too cold for them in
winter? I doubt many diseases would survive, anyhow!

Yes, I have some floribundas in France, growing through gravel without
any sign of any disease!! The ones which pose the problem, in
England, are one year old ramblers; of which 2 are affected of the
four ;which are growing up an untreated timber pergola thing.

Advice would be appreciated, I don't mind resorting to chemicals - it
is better than looking at the foliage of a diseased plant.

JudithL at home