Old 21-02-2007, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default More rosemary

On Feb 21, 11:19 am, "La Puce" wrote:

At the first description I thought of the 'Noe' variety which you can
see everywhere in Provence, and in Marseilles where I go every year
visiting family. Though I have never heard of it in England.

In that case why didn't you say so? I only know of R. lavandulaceus
'de Noe', which doesn't wholly fit the bill in terms of the plant in
question. However, it is not the plant we are discussing, so we move
on....

The only 'clinging climbing' rosemary I have seen in England is the
rosmarinus prostratus either named Blue Rain or Jackman's. Indeed
these have been named by someone, but the plant is still the same one
I have seen.

Erm ... 'Blue Rain' is *not* the same as 'Jackman's Prostrate'. 'Blue
Rain' is comparatively compact and does not expand to the degree that
the plant in Sacha's pic suggests. This was pointed out before, so
why do you persist in this nonsense?

Puce, you're digging yourself into a hole. Best leave it alone and
maybe the true identity of this Rosemary will eventually emerge.