Old 22-02-2007, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default More rosemary

On 21 Feb, 18:36, "Dave Poole" wrote:
In that case why didn't you say so? I only know of R. lavandulaceus
'de Noe', which doesn't wholly fit the bill in terms of the plant in
question. However, it is not the plant we are discussing, so we move
on....

Because Bruncoose, as you've suggested, could have giving it a name. I
don't know R.lavandulaceus 'de noe' but 'Noe' I do. It is indeed
interesting to see how the names change from country to country. On a
french gardening forum I've contacted a chap who I have met in France
and he has never heard of 'de noe' but knows 'noe'. When I gave him
the description he was certain that this could indeed fit the bill.

The only 'clinging climbing' rosemary I have seen in England is the
rosmarinus prostratus either named Blue Rain or Jackman's. Indeed
these have been named by someone, but the plant is still the same one
I have seen.

Erm ... 'Blue Rain' is *not* the same as 'Jackman's Prostrate'. 'Blue
Rain' is comparatively compact and does not expand to the degree that
the plant in Sacha's pic suggests.

Giving it the right situation it does. Mine did climb over a wall and
went down the other side. I am indeed looking forward to finding out
what it is.

This was pointed out before, so
why do you persist in this nonsense?

It is not nonsense and you know it. You could have certainly pointed
out that Sacha was rude at my first responce especially when I was
right regarding Jackman's. You however will never admit to this since
she's a pal of yours. I very much understand even though I wouldn't do
the same.

Puce, you're digging yourself into a hole.

Why would I do this? Giving me a speech on latin names and following
this by reminding me that names change? You are talking to a half
Italian and half French woman Dave! Who are you kidding? I would never
try to fool anyone nor participate in an id when I simply don't know
but when I do identify plants it's because I have a sure idea, and I
get bitten by trying to find out - and usually I get it right. It's my
favourite pass time, especially herbs and wild flowers. Not so expert
as you on glasshouse and exotic plants. I don't either reply to posts
regarding subjects I simply don't know about.

Best leave it alone and
maybe the true identity of this Rosemary will eventually emerge.

Indeed and I bet you it will not be 'Barcelona' )