Old 22-02-2007, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Opium poppies in Britain

Sacha wrote:
Some time ago we had a discussion about whether or not these would
grow *and* ripen in Britain. AFAIR, the general opinion was that
they would not. However, on the uk.food group, someone has posted a
link to an interesting article: http://tinyurl.com/36htzv

Papaver Somniferum grows wonderfully here in the UK. A nice cup of poppy pod
tea on a summers evening makes gardening aches and pains fizzle away too!

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd
time!"

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA