Old 22-02-2007, 08:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Seed potatoes, sun or shade

Alan McKenzie wrote:

Place the seeds in boxes (for small amounts, cardboard egg boxes are ideal)
in a light airy position at a temperature of roughly 10C (50F)

All my egg boxes are in tiny pieces in my compost bin, so I am using
foil trays instead. They don't have the inside support that eggboxes
do, so my spuds are more squashed against each other than I'd like.
Does this matter? They look happy enough so far; they've got little
green tips appearing, but they're not growing too fast yet (which is
good).

Peter a first time chitter