Old 23-02-2007, 07:47 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default Opium poppies in Britain

Des Higgins wrote:
"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Some time ago we had a discussion about whether or not these would
grow *and* ripen in Britain. AFAIR, the general opinion was that
they would not.
However, on the uk.food group, someone has posted a link to an
interesting article: http://tinyurl.com/36htzv

That is fascinating. AFAIK, the decorative ones that we are most
familiar with, do not produce much worth getting your grannies opium
pipe out from under the stairs for.

Des

http://www.poppies.org/faq/poppy-tea/

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd
time!"

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA