Old 23-02-2007, 05:57 PM posted to rec.gardens
raycruzer raycruzer is offline

Default Rain!

On Feb 22, 5:10 pm, Persephone wrote:
Hallelujah! After a dry fall/winter, with only two mini-mists,
we're having a real rain today! The plants are thirstily drinking in
the good sky water, after months and months of treated faucet water.

Now, to gird my loins for weeding,weeding, and more weeding as
as soon as rain ends (downside)

Upside: getting my tomato seeds into the nice, lovely, welcoming
earth.

Persephone

(So. Calif Coastal)

You have to live in So Cal to appreciate one inch or so of rain. I,
too, live in the area, and for me it seems that the first rain in Jan
or Feb seems to be the actual start of the Spring season, or the weed
season, as you pointed out!

I wonder if that's the case in other places like Arizona, Colorado or
Texas, for example?

Do weeds start to grow the first day after January or February rains
in other places?

Of course, we can always grab our long handled weed tools or weed
twisters to get a head start on a growing problem. It's also fun to
let some of the green things grow a little to see if there are any
surprises.

It's always a wonder how we pray (or dance) for rains and yet fear the
clouds. Perhaps that human or humid nature?

Ray
Google organic weed tools for the latest hand tool solutions.