Old 23-02-2007, 05:14 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default The benefits of UVC - newbie question

"Gill Passman" wrote in message
I was looking at the Hozelock products in my LFS and noticed that Hozelock
have a combined Pump, Filter, UVC combination product - the price isn't
exorbitant (but I guess that is subjective). Now my question would be on
the UVC side......

My understanding of UV usage in the marine aquatic side is that it is used
for prevention of parasites etc. Does the same theory apply to Ponds as
well with this UVC unit? Or is it just a water clarifier?

I use UV for water clarification. My units wipe out the algae in a few
days.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.