Old 23-02-2007, 06:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Romarin

On 23/2/07 15:00, in article
, "La Puce"
wrote:

Here's the prostate rosemary Noe I knew off, thanks to a chap in a
french gardening forum. And I found better to find a padded cell
Martin, I've just finished building another compost bin, cleaned our
pond of leaves (without disturbing lots and lots of frog spawns) and
moved tons of sand bags.

Feeling much better now ;o)

http://nature.jardin.free.fr/arbriss...marin_ret.html

In your reply to David Poole (IIRC) you said
"On a
french gardening forum I've contacted a chap who I have met in France
and he has never heard of 'de noe' but knows 'noe'. When I gave him
the description he was certain that this could indeed fit the bill."

What he truly says is:

In ups.com,
La puce typed:
D'apres vous est ce que c'est un Rosmarinus lavandulaceus Noe ou autre
chose? Merci.

http://cjoint.com/?cwx74fN8Tn

Difficile à dire avec la définition de la photo. C'est possible. Je ne
connaissait pas ce synonyme du romarin rampant ( 'sont compliqués ces
botanistes ). Le mien me semble avoir des branches plus tortueuses que la
plante qui est sur ce cliché.
Pourrait-on avoir une photo plus rapprochée, où l'on distingue feuilles et
fleurs ?
--
Laurent Ginarouge
In science, beauty. In beauty, science. Daily.

IOW, like Burncoose and Olivier Filippi, he does not commit himself to
backing up your latest contention that this is the rosemary called 'Noe' and
you are grossly misleading us by saying that he has said it could "indeed
fit the bill". He has said no more than 'it's possible' but that to him,
his plant's branches appear different to the plant in Salcombe. So far you
have insisted on 20th February that this will turn out to be Blue Rain, a
little before that you were quite certain it was Jackman's Prostrate and
yesterday, on this group you were 'sure' it must be Noe.

IMO, it is important that anyone who comes to this group asking for the ID
of a plant knows that *most* members are scrupulous about admitting when
they don't know the exact name of a plant and offer only suggestions, not
varying insistences.

I am replying to this only to show the group the depths to which you will
stoop to get your way. Your tantrums and screaming matches will no doubt
follow as the night the day and you can get on with them.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk