Old 23-02-2007, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Seed potatoes, sun or shade

On 22 Feb, 20:43, (Peter Robinson) wrote:
All my egg boxes are in tiny pieces in my compost bin, so I am using
foil trays instead. They don't have the inside support that eggboxes
do, so my spuds are more squashed against each other than I'd like.
Does this matter?

God you bring me back!! When I was 15 I took a saturday job and was
putting hundreds of spuds seeds in wooden cases. They needed to be
jamed in, squashed, and the chap used to pass behind us, take a box,
shake it to see if any wobbled. So no, it doesn't matter, as long as
they are dry. I used to have to use my chin to stabilise the middle to
fit the last ones in or the others would lift up.

Peter a first time chitter

)