Old 23-02-2007, 11:43 PM posted to rec.ponds
Tristin[_2_] Tristin[_2_] is offline

Default The benefits of UVC - newbie question

Pete
Do you keep your UVC on all the time?

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:35:57 -0000, "BoyPete"
wrote:

Gill Passman wrote:
I was looking at the Hozelock products in my LFS and noticed that
Hozelock have a combined Pump, Filter, UVC combination product - the
price isn't exorbitant (but I guess that is subjective). Now my
question would be on the UVC side......

My understanding of UV usage in the marine aquatic side is that it is
used for prevention of parasites etc. Does the same theory apply to
Ponds as well with this UVC unit? Or is it just a water clarifier?

TIA
Gill

Not much I can add to Tristans replies. I'm also a Hozelock (with UV)
person. Effective and good value.

-------