Old 24-02-2007, 12:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Romarin

"'Mike'" wrote
and a 'stirrer' reference her claim that I said I was the President of
the Royal Air Forces Association :-(( a quick Google search would show
that statement to be wholly untrue. She is a trouble maker :-((

You've harped on ad nauseam about that, but I recall the thread. You did
post making it appear that you were claiming exactly that, but it
wasn't Sacha who pulled you up on what you wrote - check it for
yourself. The archive shows it as the one from August 2006 titled "Just
a thought re pic posting". See posts numbers 46, 47 & 48 et al.

Names in square brackets added to distinguish who wrote what. The
relevant parts being :

quote[M Crowe]:
one of three photos taken at a huge RAF parade at RAF Cosford on Sunday
June 25th. Mrs Simms, wife of Air Commodore Simm OBE, Commanding Officer
of RAF Cosford, Mrs Magee, wife of the Chairman of the RAF Association,
and my wife, wife of the President of the RAF Association, that's me,
were all presented with a beautiful basket of flowers. I could have put
that up couldn't I? But I won't because binaries are not allowed by the
charter :-))
/quote

Someone called 'Fisherman', not Sacha, asked:

quote[Fisherman]:
So you are President of the RAF Association are you.
Why should they make you President when you have never been in the RAF.
Come to that you were never really in the Navy, only in a shore training
base.
/quote

To which you replied:

quote[Fisherman]:
So you are President of the RAF Association are you.

[M Crowe]:

Yes

[Fisherman]:
Why should they make you President when you have never been in the
RAF.

[M Crowe]:
Because I founded the Association by request a few years ago and when I
stood down from Membership Secretary and Chairman before I went away on
my World Cruise in January, they made me President :-))
/quote

--
Sue