Old 24-02-2007, 03:35 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default Koi Food

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:54:04 -0600, Zëbulon wrote:

On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 08:28:35 -0600, Zëbulon
wrote:

Even people in the Nashville Pond Club feed the cheaper foods. That's
where
I first learned about it.

Would that be the Nashville Pond Society by chance? ~ jan

=================
More than likely. We were members at one time and made a few meetings years
ago.

You might want to consider returning and getting an update, as even the NPS
doesn't teach that any more. I e-mailed the AKCA contact off the AKCA
website if the NPS recommended feeding catfish or trout chow. The simple
answer I got was: "we did not do that". I also E-ed the 2 KHA's of the club
and one of them told me she had just given a talk at a recent meeting on
koi nutrition. That would have been a good one for you to have attended,
perhaps you would have found some additional information out regarding the
food you purchased and why your fry didn't do well on it.

I know I personally don't rely on one type of food, and am not familiar
with the brand you purchased. Just because it is high priced doesn't mean
it is good. An example would be Tetra Pond $tix$, last I looked at those
corn was in the top 3 ingredients... and why the fish absolutely love it.
Corn being like candy to them. I personally feed Sho Koi, Manda Fu, & Hy
Feng plus fresh veggies, like peas, duckweed & watercress. ~ jan