Old 24-02-2007, 05:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Lez Pawl Lez Pawl is offline

Default Fox or what....

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Lez Pawl" wrote
could have done this,

http://www.daj.fseltd.btinternet.co.uk/Foxy.htm

Yes, certainly a fox is capable of such an action, in fact it's normal for
a fox to bury surplus food in good times to use during bad times. On our
previous allotment where there were two families of foxes (and no
rabbits!) we were often digging up duck eggs and once two gammon steaks
attached themselves to my fork much to my horror/surprise. One day I
noticed a rat looking out of the ground at me, it was dead, and had been
buried up to it's neck leaving it's head exposed. Nice! :-)

--
Regards
Bob H

yes I am now thinking fox..........the garden is open from the front, the
bulbs were not eaten and mainly because our local territorial TOM cat has
been sniffing the area around the pots quite intensely since.