Old 24-02-2007, 12:58 PM
Mervington Mervington is offline
Registered User

Question blueberries and teabags

A month or two ago several members kindly gave good advice about growing blueberries in tubs because of our alkali soil. The problem included alkali tap water.

Some advice suggested using liquid tea (because of its slight acid content) to correct/balance the alkalinity of tap water. Might there be any advantages/disadvantages of mulching with used teabags? We have plenty(!), and I've mulched some potted camelias in the hope that no harm would be done.

I've now got three blueberries, and am about to plant them in tubs.

Any views, please?

Mervyn