Old 24-02-2007, 02:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Grave Yard Guy Grave Yard Guy is offline

Default Starting seeds indoors-help!

Any advice from the experienced seed starters? A friend suggested that I
shouldn't start them in full sun, but this didn't sound logical to me and
he
couldn't remember why you shouldn't do it.

Sounds like not enough light to me...

Might want to try an overhead grow light or three.

That seemed like the obvious to me, however, they were in S/SW windows that
got direct, bright light probably an average of 6 hours a day. I grow
cactus, succulents and other older houseplants in these windows from Sept to
May. I've never had any problems with established plants.