Old 24-02-2007, 04:00 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default The benefits of UVC - newbie question

"Phyllis and Jim" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gill,

We use a Tetra UV to kill the algae. Works fine and is not really
needed all season. It is much nicer for us than waiting for the algae
bloom to pass. Some would feel that it is better to let the bloom
kill itself off. That can take a long time, so we have gone to a UV.
With great results.

We would support the idea of being on the hogh side for strength.
Killing algea faster is fine. Failing to kill it off is a bummer.

Jim

We also have the Tetra units. The bulbs are at least 6 years old and they
still work like a charm on algae. One is already running as I type this. I
only run them as needed.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.