Old 24-02-2007, 08:01 PM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_2_] Reel McKoi[_2_] is offline

Default re.Koi Food - OT - has lost its link with the original thread

"~ jan" wrote in message

I do have a reply to Roy who said something about people shouldn't have
these critters if they aren't gonna feed them right. We have to remember
that dog chow doesn't even have that long a history. People fed their dogs
scraps off the table, right? Someone saw a market and here we be.

I just feel, with what we know today, that we ought to take advantage of
that knowledge. What you feed your own critters is up to you, but what you
recommend to others you ought to do with some integrity, based on recent
studies.

I don't recall anyone *recommending* the cheaper feeds. I do recall someone
replying to a poster that they fed the cheaper feeds with total success.
What people feed their fish is up to themselves and what they can afford.
If people were having all kinds of problems with trout and catfish trout
we'd be hearing about it.

Sho Koi, delivered to my door, runs me less than $5/lb. and I'd save even
more if I could order 50 lbs. of it. Manda Fu, including delivery, runs
$15/throw pillow size bag. It is very light weight, so one can't go by
weight. Probably why it is so easily digested and a great fall/spring
food.
~ jan

I haven't seen ShoKoi that cheap anywhere. Where are you getting it?
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.