Old 24-02-2007, 03:45 PM posted to austin.gardening
Omelet Omelet is offline

Default turfallo

In article ,
Jangchub wrote:

On 23 Feb 2007 18:54:35 -0800, wrote:

I am moving to Georgetown Texas. I am not sure I want to maintain St.
Augustine grass again. I heard about turfallo (tech turf?). It can
be planted as plugs and spreads in just 4 months. It requires minimal
water. Has anyone see this or is it any good?

I do not have experience with it, but if you are moving to a
sub-division I highly recommend checking the deed restrictions because
they exist, you sign a page in your closing papers which says you will
adhere and if not can be fined, or taken to court.

My intention is not defeatist, just realistic. It may say in the
restrictions that front lawns must be St. Augustine. For this reason,
I bought a house which does not come with a homeowners association,
but I am still beholden to the deed restrictions which come with all
homes, in one way or another.

I would _never_ EVER purchase a property with a home owners ass-ociation!

Might as well own a condo. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.