Old 24-02-2007, 05:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Peter Robinson Peter Robinson is offline

Default Bumble bee

Sacha wrote:

We had a really huge bumble bee blundering against the panes of our bedroom
windows this morning. The day dawned sunny but has clouded over and it's
still pretty chilly. However, I did wonder if this poor chap had emerged
too soon or whether he's one of the weather prophets.

Bumble bees can come out at any time of year on a sunny day in a
sheltered spot. They take the opportunity for a quick snack and go back
to sleep with no harm done. Unlike most of the poor frosted flower buds
of my Rhododendron.

I hope it's the latter, because I don't see how we can get one more
millilitre of rain onto the land!

I know I will be praying for rain before too long!

Regards,

Peter