Old 24-02-2007, 07:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default urg meet

On 24/2/07 18:44, in article
, "Sally Thompson"
wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:55:02 +0000, Sacha wrote
(in article ) :

I'm still hoping to have an urg meet here on 7th July with the option of
going down to Charlie's nursery on the 8th - people could probably take in
the Eden Project that day, too but Charlie will give timings and directions
for that!
People who want to make it a bit of a holiday could perhaps, go on from
Charlie's to Penzance and take the helicopter to Tresco the next day for a
day or overnight trip.

snip

Sacha, Tony and I would love to come since we have never been to an urg meet
before. My cousin has recently moved to South Zeal which is just round the
corner from you, according to the map, and will put us up. What sort of time
do people usually gather?

Sally that would be lovely and yes, South Zeal isn't too far off, maybe 45
minutes or so. Bring your cousin if you think he or she would like to come.
A past urgler brought her son and it's a very easy-going arrangement in
which we pray only for good weather! I've been lucky the last twice and
we've been able to eat in the respective gardens.
Usually, we get together over coffee around 11 - others may do it
differently, of course, but on my two previous meets, that's how we did it.
If people want to bring plants to swap that's the time it happens, the chat
goes on, people wander round the garden (and nursery in our case), have
lunch, chat a bit more, have a bit more wine, chat some more, wander again
and toddle off when they're ready. If enough people want to stick around
this area and have a sort of group dinner at our local pub, I can book a
table in advance for that but will have to have firm numbers a week before
and all the surnames so the landlady can sort out the bills! If people want
to push on down to Charlie's that evening, they'll have a whole day for
Charlie's nursery and for Eden.
I do hope you come, it would be lovely to meet you. It's always fun putting
faces to names, too!
Have a look at this and you'll see some of us, past and present urglers and
the late and deeply lamented Edward Sparkes whose wife, Jennifer, still
posts here and will come to this July's meet, I hope JENNIFER! I'm also
going to contact a few other past urglers to see if they can come, too.
http://www.tmac.clara.co.uk/urgring/devon02.htm

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk