Old 24-02-2007, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson Sally Thompson is offline

Default Frogspawn in Shropshire

Saw our first frogspawn of the year today - two weeks earlier than usual
(last year was on 11th March). I think this is very early for this part of
the country. We went out just now with the torch and the big pond is teeming
with frogs. Quite lifts the heart.

Also newts already in the pond, which seems early to us although we haven't
kept a record of dates of those.

Mind you, they don't really need the pond since the ground is so incredibly
waterlogged it's difficult to walk on at the moment. They could just bask in
the puddles.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
http://www.whitton-stmarys.org.uk