Old 24-02-2007, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Whats the best way to clean used railway sleepers?

On 24 Feb, 17:22, tina wrote:
My local timber yard ordered them in for me.

Great stuff. The article below would make you cry ... 150,000 railways
sleepers need good home!

There looks to tar (i think) on a couple of them.

Sorry about this but I came across this and thought perhaps it could
put your mind at rest. Also I cannot see the amount of tar on them,
maybe those you are worried about you ought to protect the soil with a
membrane around it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening...gsl eep13.xml