Old 24-02-2007, 09:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Several questions

Rupert (W.Yorkshire) wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Last year, I bought two Pampas grass. One, I planted in the ground,
the other in a very large pot. The potted one appears to have died.
I expected it's growth to be restricted, but is being in a pot the
likely cause of it's demise?
Looking for 'interesting' looking plants for large pots. Will Blue
Fescue and Zebra Grass survive in a pot? (sorry, don't know the Latin
names.......I'm a 'common' gardener ) TIA.
--
ßôyþëtë

Yes grasses do fine in pots, as do most things, but you need to
ensure very good drainage, which is the likely cause of the demise of
the Pampas grass. Please tell me the Pampas is not the pink one--now
that is as Common as muck:-)

Thanks. Sorry, don't know the colour.
--
ßôyþëtë