Old 24-02-2007, 10:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sue[_3_] Sue[_3_] is offline

Default Bumble bee

"Carol Hague" wrote
snip
Last winter we sat in the lounge and watched the squirrels jumping
about in the trees, but they've been hiding so far this year.

Still not sure what to plant yet. There's a fair bit of mature ivy
coming over the wall, which I don't want to disturb as it's good
insect hiding territory.

You may also get wrens roosting and nesting in the ivy; they seem to
love a good old tangle of mature ivy as a nesting site.

I need to unearth my gardening books from the spare room and look up
what plants will like the shde :-)

Ooh, hellebores. Definitely. Did anyone see CK on Gardeners' World last
night?

I have argutifolius and foetidus and a smokey plum coloured one with no
name, which are all doing well, but I covet that lovely lemon yellow one
she was planting.

Last month I was able to take over an allotment (complete with
shed) and am gleefully planning my fruit and veg growing thereon.

Happy allotmenteering.

--
Sue