Old 24-02-2007, 11:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.orchids
John Varigos John Varigos is offline

Default Dtps Yin-Tung Wang x 2

I was going to say Eric, you had better not forget your flash when you go to
Borneo! Not long now!

Like Kathy, I like the black background that the flash produces - less
distracting - but the flash does tend to distort colours sometimes. Such a
bugger trying to use black cloth and almost impossible at club meetings.

John

"Eric Hunt" wrote in message
Kathy,

Very true - and those type shots are generally good reference shots but
it's rare for me to get a "Wow" shot with flash.

Totally with you on the backgrounds. A good 10-15 percent of my shots from
POE I won't post, or I'll just give to Alex for OrchidWiz, cuz I just
couldn't get the background to fade away. Ribbons, tags, judging slips,
cute props, oy vey!

Now I'll be using the flash a lot in Borneo - that's a place where just
getting the shot in the dim jungle is important, screw how artsy it is! =)

-Eric in SF
www.orchidphotos.org

"K Barrett" wrote in message
. ..
Yeah, if you hadn't showed me that trick of using the flash to make the