Old 25-02-2007, 07:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Several questions

Sacha wrote:
On 24/2/07 20:17, in article ,
"BoyPete" wrote:

Last year, I bought two Pampas grass. One, I planted in the ground,
the other in a very large pot. The potted one appears to have died.
I expected it's growth to be restricted, but is being in a pot the
likely cause of it's demise?
Looking for 'interesting' looking plants for large pots. Will Blue
Fescue and Zebra Grass survive in a pot? (sorry, don't know the Latin
names.......I'm a 'common' gardener ) TIA.

At a guess, it didn't have enough drainage while the one in the
ground did. When you're buying new plants, either ask the nurseryman
if you have one who can answer your questions OR check out their
required habitat before buying. On the whole, if you give plants what
they need in their original and native land, they'll get by. You
might be able to stretch cold/warmth a bit but cold, wet roots will
rarely help.

--
ßôyþëtë

Thanks Sacha.