Old 25-02-2007, 07:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BoyPete BoyPete is offline

Default Several questions

JennyC wrote:
"BoyPete" wrote in message
Last year, I bought two Pampas grass. One, I planted in the ground,
the other in a very large pot. The potted one appears to have died.
I expected it's growth to be restricted, but is being in a pot the
likely cause of it's demise?
Looking for 'interesting' looking plants for large pots. Will Blue
Fescue and Zebra Grass survive in a pot? (sorry, don't know the Latin
names.......I'm a 'common' gardener ) TIA.
--
ßôyþëtë

The Pampas may have been waterlogged / frozen or even dried out too
much.... Does the pot have good drainage?

Most grasses do really well in pots. Lots of info he
http://gardening.about.com/od/garden...ainerGrass.htm
It is an American site so beware of the zone info....

And this one "the Pot and Grass company" :~)) has British stuff:
http://www.potandgrass.co.uk/

Jenny

With this winter.......waterlogged more likely. Thanks for the
links.....saved the second one
--
ßôyþëtë