Old 25-02-2007, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default This group

On 25/2/07 08:57, in article , "Broadback"
wrote:

snip
Using Latin names is confusing enough for me, but why do they so often
seem to change plant names?

It's to do with classifying them properly from the purist's botanical pov.
I see why it's done but it irritates, I must admit. It's like that lovely
lemon scented leafed thing which I still call Lippia citrodora (also known
as lemon verbena to some) That has a 'new' name but I just cannot get it
into my head and never, ever remember it.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk