Old 25-02-2007, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha Sacha is offline

Default Bumble bee

On 25/2/07 10:23, in article ,
"MikeCT" wrote:

"MikeCT" wrote:
snip ... that no experienced apiarist would ever dream of wearing anything
blue, the very sight turns them into flying furies. The same applies to
wasps.

---
And honey bees. Smacked wrist! Next time I'll re-re-read any posting I
send.

I was taught that about blue, too. But in my case, the honey had been
extracted a couple of weeks before and the Apisan (sp?)strips were being put
in, so they were in a bad temper anyway! One got into my hair and instead
of doing the sensible thing and swatting it, I tried to extract it and got
stung. That immediately sent the battle pheromones to the colony and they
were after me, literally chasing me down the garden and into the house. My
son quick-wittedly shoved me into the shower, fully dressed but by then I'd
had several stings, mostly around my head and face and next day I looked as
if I'd gone 6 rounds with Mike Tyson. I could open one eye the merest
fraction only and even after treatment, it was three days before I dared
leave the house!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk