Old 25-02-2007, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC JennyC is offline

Default Brussels Sprouts

"La Puce" wrote in message
oups.com...
On 25 Feb, 08:47, "Robert \(Plymouth\)" beachcom...@ultimate-
anonymity.com wrote:
Sprouts need a long growing season, I shall be sowing mine in March and
they
definitely perform best in full light.

Ta. I like 'pottering' around ;o) Many friends straight sow, but I
like starting a few things in pots.

Digressing slightly, I am sowing
cabbages and purple sprouting later than usual these days because they
are
ready far too early if I sow them as per what was usual, late March/April

I don't do cabbages anymore - we're given them for free. But I sow
walking stick cabbages. I'm trying to grow them with a good handle on
them and more to the point straight! I like the massive bush they
have, the little flowers. Very sculptural in the lotty. We've just
about finished making a new head for our scare crow. It's a girl this
year.

Pictures ???
Jenny