Old 25-02-2007, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Les Hemmings Les Hemmings is offline

Default This group

Stewart Robert Hinsley wrote:

However, Solanum capsicum isn't chilli; it's Jerusalem Cherry. Chillis
are Capsicum species, and belong to the same group of Solanaceae as
Solanum, but within any concept of Solanum with any degree of
acceptance.

You're right.... and the error started out here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solanum. See the entry under "Species" for S.
capsicum. It's even a link to the page for the genus Capsicum. I was on
autopilot i think... saw Capsicum and Chilli together and missed the
difference between Solanaceae and Solanum.

Perhaps a wiki edit is in order!

Les

--
Remove Frontal Lobes to reply direct.

"Oh Bother!" said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh!"

"That's 10 times I've explained binary to you. I won't tell you a 3rd
time!"

http://armsofmorpheus.blogspot.com/

http://www.richarddawkins.net/index.php

Les Hemmings a.a #2251 SA