Old 25-02-2007, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default Garden Birds

Broadback wrote:
: Josie wrote:
:: This winter wasn't good for garden birds in SW London. Greenfinch
:: and Goldfinch numbers were down, no siskins, no sparrows, starlings
:: became rare and we hardly saw any chaffinches.
::
:: I wonder whether other gardeners in the area had the same experience.
::
:: Joe
: They can neither afford the cost of living nor the "Livingstone"
: congestion charge with all that flying! :-)

Your goldfinches and chaffinches have moved here in enormous numbers but the
only starlings I've seen are in the city centre which is most unusual.
Plenty of different tits, robins and blackbirds but no greenfinches