Old 26-03-2003, 08:08 PM
MegaDaisy

Default slug pellets?

Hi

After one of my cats nearly died after eating slug pellets a few years ago
Ive avoided using them. A couple of years ago we moved and this garden has
fewer slugs than any other Ive had and its also got the most frogs Ive ever
seen, so were building a pond for them as they seem very effective at
keeping the slugs down.
I also last year bought some organic slug deterrant which was white
powder/granuales that absorb a lot of moisture and the idea is that you put
a ring of the stuff round your plants and then when the slug touches it runs
away. Well it works but it is also very expensive as I found you had to use
loads - but it saved my newly planted rhubarb, which the slugs all seemed to
be making a beeline for.

Anyway - bring on the frogs!

MegaDaisy
www.nige.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

"Nicholas" wrote in message
how safe are they round veg?

I want to be as organic as possible but the buggers are just
everywhere.

TIA

Nicholas

---