Old 25-02-2007, 11:21 PM
aunty mor aunty mor is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weggy View Post
Im in Swale, Kent, and have seen plenty of Starlings and Sparrows... the garden is literally covered with Starlings most days. We also have a resident Dunnock and Robin, with the occasional visit from a pair of Blue Tits and a pair of Great Tits. Add a couple of Collared Doves to that and it's a pretty busy garden... but Sparrows and Starlings are in great numbers here...
I am in Hampshire and bird numbers definitely down here. I think its because the weather has been so mild they have not needed to come to the feeders. as there is still so much to eat in the fiels and woods surrounding us. The berries on my pyracantha are normally stripped bare by blackbirds but this year most of them are still there. Had a starling checking out a robin nesting box last week that was quite funny. It couldn't get its bottom in. Kept trying for nearly half an hour!!