Old 25-02-2007, 08:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Penelope Periwinkle Penelope Periwinkle is offline

Default Starting seeds indoors-help!

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:46:13 -0600, Charlie wrote:

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 17:09:37 GMT, Penelope Periwinkle
wrote:

I've also heard, although I can't
verify it, that sprinkling a bit of baby powder or cinnamon on the
surface of the soil will prevent damping off. Some people swear by
making a tea of chamomile blossoms and spraying the soil with it to
prevent damping off, too.

For two years I have sprinkled cinnamon on my seedling flats when
planting and have had no problems with damping off. Cinnamon is cheap
and goes a long way.

I also try to do everything else right, so who knows?

At any rate, it smells kinda nice!

Ha! Do you get the urge for a cinnamon biscuit while you're gardening?

Penelope
- "pointed"