Old 26-02-2007, 12:02 AM posted to rec.ponds
Gill Passman Gill Passman is offline

Default re.Koi Food -

Tristin wrote:
Dunno where the area of not understanding lies, I just do not agree
that feeding of koi or goldies catfish or cat food is prudent....I
class it as erroneous info...and a practice touted by folks that have
no regard forthe health and longevity of their fish......

Hell I know lots of kids that thought a coca cola and bag of potatoe
chips was the average american meal and a big mac and french fries was
something that you endulged your self on for a Sunday "cooked meal out
on the town " with......
Sure those kids looked fine and healty too......nice and fat and plump
but no telling what else all that fat and plumpness was hding in rthe
way of health problems.

Ah, so there is no misunderstanding here at all....now I have absolutely
no issue with feeding my kids KFC or a nice big mac from time to
time....sure doesn't do them any harm.....but would do a hell of a lot
of harm if that was their staple diet....they would be plump and fat and
look the picture of health when compared to the malnourished kids of the
early 20th century....but in reality they would not be healthy as it is
not a diet suited to their well-being.....

Now, I'm brought to mind of a certain health check I got.....given
before the blood tests and the evidence where I got condemned as being a
no hoper - it is tick the boxes mentality.....do I eat fried food (yes
sometimes), do I drink alcohol (well yes I do), do I smoke (well yes,
that is one I want to stop), do I take salt with my food (well yes, but
I don't cook with it) - expert told me I had to mend my ways....my blood
test results would confirm it....but the tick boxes missing are "how
often do I eat badly", "how much fruit and veg do I eat", "when we are
talking fried food are we talking stuff fried in good or bad oils" and
"how often to I eat badly when compared to the number of times I eat a
good diet".....it has to be said that my blood test results bore out the
fact that in the main I am far healthier than most.....they just missed
the positive tick boxes in their survey and diagnosis......

Now, to bring this back on topic......a varied diet suited to the
species in question is the best for promoting health....a little
variation doesn't hurt....but a total lack of variation does......the
key is a balanced diet with the emphasis being on the healthy
bits....but if you get this right the occassional unhealthy adventures
don't hurt.....I actually find it quite strange that my so called
unhealthy children shout at me to provide salad rather than chips.....in
my day chips were a treat not the salad....and yes, my kids get the
salad.....and for them the chips are a treat.....

Gill

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:07:07 +0000, Gill Passman
wrote:

Tristin wrote:

No comment! IMHO it falls under erroneous and unsubstantiated
informaiton.

I'm a little confused here as this statement doesn't quite fit in with
everything that you have stated on this subject in the past.....please
clarify, Tristan....

Gill

-------