Old 26-02-2007, 12:42 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_2_] Reel McKoi[_2_] is offline

Default re.Koi Food -

"Gill Passman" wrote in message

Ah, so there is no misunderstanding here at all....now I have absolutely
no issue with feeding my kids KFC or a nice big mac from time to
time....sure doesn't do them any harm...

How can you know that? You can't know if a handful of cat chow will harm a
koi either.

...but would do a hell of a lot
of harm if that was their staple diet....they would be plump and fat and
look the picture of health

Plump and fat is not the picture of health. It's picture of over eating and
lack of exercise.

when compared to the malnourished kids of the
early 20th century....but in reality they would not be healthy as it is
not a diet suited to their well-being.....

Exactly. They should be eating only fresh fruits, veggies and meat. They
should be in good flesh but not "plump" or fat.

Now, I'm brought to mind of a certain health check I got.....given before
the blood tests and the evidence where I got condemned as being a no
hoper - it is tick the boxes mentality.....do I eat fried food (yes
sometimes),

Worse then feeding koi a slice of bread!!!!

do I drink alcohol (well yes I do),

You drink POISON and worry what someone is feeding their koi??????? LOL!!
:-D

do I smoke (well yes, that is one I want to stop),

I rest my case. SNIP! ;-)

--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.