Old 26-02-2007, 12:48 AM posted to rec.ponds
Reel McKoi[_2_] Reel McKoi[_2_] is offline

Default re.Koi Food -

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 17:26:20 -0600, Tristin
wrote:

Dunno where the area of not understanding lies,

You attached it to my comment that said nothing about cat food, and you
didn't clarify, so one could only assume you were talking about my
comments
regarding Sandy. :-)

Sandy made no mention of *why* those feeds were unsuitable for koi and
goldfish. And there is no mention of controlled studies done by her
regarding the expensive feeds versus the others, or how many years she ran
said tests.

I just do not agree
that feeding of koi or goldies catfish or cat food is prudent....I
class it as erroneous info...and a practice touted by folks that have
no regard forthe health and longevity of their fish......

I'm in total agreement with that statement.

Where is the research to back that up?

Hell I know lots of kids that thought a coca cola and bag of potatoe
chips was the average american meal and a big mac and french fries was
something that you endulged your self on for a Sunday "cooked meal out
on the town " with......
Sure those kids looked fine and healty too......nice and fat and plump
but no telling what else all that fat and plumpness was hding in rthe
way of health problems.

Yup, even buff, thin people can have clogged arteries from that diet. Like
that commercial where the high cholesterol number is chasing the snow
skier
down the mountain. ~ jan

I'll wait until I see the research, who did the research, how many years it
ran, what climate was involved, the age of the fish, who paid for it and
which brands of feed were used in these supposed long running trials. The
pictures of the autopsies should also be interesting.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.