Old 26-02-2007, 12:37 AM posted to aus.gardens
Spiny Norman Spiny Norman is offline

Default Grey water from washing machine

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 18:45:06 +1100, "jones" wrote
in aus.gardens:

Then you see other neighbours just wasting it, how they like.
Aaaarrrggghhhh.

Funny thing though the water bill is not much lower. I think Sydney Water
keeps bumping up the price without telling us. :-)

Katherine

If you look at your water bill you will probably find the cost of
water is the smallest part of it. $115 of my bill is a water sevice
and sewerage charge the water costs less than $40. and at $1.20 per
thousand litres any saving is marginal even though it has recently
gone up from under $1 per Kl

At that rate my 5000 litre tanks (2500 x 2) hold $6 worth of water
which makes the approx $1500 cost seem ludicrous.

I can't really save water on the garden because I never watered it
before (a brown lawn never needs mowing) but I use the water to wash
the car and our clothes. From a purely financial point of view water
tanks make no sense at all however from a moral and environmental
standpoint...

Regards
Prickles

Timendi causa est nescire
This message only uses recycled electrons