Old 25-02-2007, 10:08 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cliff Cliff is offline

Default Grubs

"Justin Wilson" wrote in message
Do you think the grubs will be out early this year due to all the warm
weather?
How do you treat for grubs?
Where can one get the best products to treat for grubs - I hate them as
they destroy my lawn and plants.
Also, snails and slugs chew my poor flowers!

Best treatment for grubs is beneficial nematodes. If you want to treat for
grubs wait until about 4 weeks after you see the Jun bugs and then put the
nematodes down. The grubs you find now have done all the damage they will
do. It is the new hatch in the spring that eats the roots. You can use a
bug bait for the slugs and snails. Green Light makes a good one which will
also take care of the pill bugs.

Good Luck.